Heavy transport rules
General conditions for abnormal transports in Serbia
DIMENSIONS OF STANDARD TRANSPORTS
Maximum permitted standard vehicle and load length is:
• 12.00 m for the truck (solo vehicle)
• 16.50 m for truck with a semi-trailer
• 18.50 m for a truck with a trailer (road train)
Maximum permitted width of the standard vehicle and load is 2.50 m
Maximum permitted height of the standard vehicle and load is 4.00 m
Maximum permitted gross weight of the standard loaded vehicle is 40t (on 2+3 axles)
Maximum Permitted Axle Weight of the standard trucks and trailers:
• 10t on a single axle
• 8t per axle for multiple axles trailers
When the axial distance between the 2 (two) neighboring axles exceeds 2.00m, axles are considered to be single.
ALL TRANSPORTS THAT EXCEEDS ANY OF PARTICULARIZED MEASURE ARE CONSIDERED AS ABNORMAL TRANSPORTS.
EXPERTISE OF SERBIAN INSTITUTE FOR ROADS AND BRIDGES
Expert's opinion (expertise) of ''Road Institute'' and ''Bridge Institute'' is necessary:
On regional roads
For transports whose gross weight exceeds 80t.
On the main roads
For transports whose gross weight exceeds 100t.
Expert's opinion (expertise) of the ''Road Institute'' is necessary:
For transports whose width exceeds 5 m.
Weekend restrictionsDURING WEEKENDS ABNORMAL TRANSPORTS ARE FORBIDDEN
- on Fridays from 15:00 till 24:00
- on Sundays from 00:00 till 24:00
Holiday restrictionsDURING HOLIDAYS ABNORMAL TRANSPORTS ARE FORBIDDEN
- day before holiday from 15:00 till 24:00
- last day of holiday from 00:00 till 24:00